Level 3 Diploma in Coaching Sports and Fitness
About this course
This qualification provides learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to work in a variety of customer-facing roles within the active leisure industry, including coaching sports and physical activities, fitness instructing and working with children.
- Qualification Accreditation No: 603/1541/6
- Level: 3
- Qualification type: Diploma
- Guided learning hours: 412 hours
- Total Qualification Time: 630 hours
- Credits: 69
- Units: 5
- There are no specific entry requirements; however, learners should be able to demonstrate their capability to study at level 3.
- The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential, so a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved, so learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2 (as a minimum).
Skills you’ll need
- Enjoy being around people
- Have good communication skills
- Working closely with lots of different people
- Be able to motivate a diverse variety of personalities
- Be well organized and have the ability to plan and arrange exercise programmes
Level 3 Diploma in Coaching Sports and Fitness Content
Learners must complete the 11 mandatory units (69 credits) and may complete the additional units if required. In total 69 credits are required to achieve the full qualification; a minimum of 43 credits must be achieved at level 3.
- Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness.
- Health and safety for coaching in different environments
- Principles of fundamental movement and sports skills
- Planning multisport activity sessions
- Coaching multisport activity sessions
- Working with children and young people in a coaching environment
- Delivering exceptional customer care
- Technology in sport and exercise
- Managing personal and professional development
- Conducting client inductions in a gym-based environment to support exercise adherence and a healthy lifestyle
- Planning and instructing gym-based exercise programmes
Blended learning coupled with our dedicated support team will ensure that you learn all the skills needed to qualify and start work as a Sports Coaching specialist.
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Further learning or training in a specialist area.
This qualification is assessed by:
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
- Multiple Choice Examination.