Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
About this course
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to provide sports massage therapy to a range of clients who have dysfunctional tissue, without acute/post-acute injuries or underlying pathological conditions.
- Qualification Accreditation No: 601/4930/9
- Level: 3
- Qualification type: Diploma
- Guided learning hours: 225 hours
- Total Qualification Time: 370 hours
- Credits: 37
- Units: 5
- There are no specific entry requirements.
Skills you’ll need
- Enjoy being around people
- Have good communication skills
- Working closely with lots of different people
- Be able to motivate a diverse variety of personalities
- Be well organized and have the ability to plan and arrange exercise programmes
Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy Content
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage.
- Principles of health and fitness.
- Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction.
- Professional practice in sports massage.
- Sports massage treatments.
Blended learning coupled with our dedicated support team will ensure that you learn all the skills needed to qualify and start work as a Sports Massage Therapy specialist.
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy.
- Routes into fitness instructing.
This qualification is assessed by:
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
- Multiple Choice Examination.