Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
About this course
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to plan, prepare and deliver safe and effective yoga sessions.
- Qualification Accreditation No: 600/2090/8
- Level: 3
- Qualification type: Diploma
- Guided learning hours: 78 hours
- Total Qualification Time: 268 hours
- Credits: 38
- Units: 5
- Learners must have a minimum of two years of experience of participating in yoga classes.
- The course requires physical exertion, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
Skills you’ll need
- Enjoy being around people
- Have good communication skills
- Working closely with lots of different people
- Be able to motivate a diverse variety of personalities
- Be well organized and have the ability to plan and arrange exercise programmes
Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga Content
- Underpinning principles of teaching yoga.
- Anatomy and physiology for yoga.
- Planning a series of yoga sessions.
- Health and safety of yoga.
- Teaching a yoga session.
Blended learning coupled with our dedicated support team will ensure that you learn all the skills needed to qualify and start work as a Yoga instructor.
This qualification provides progression on to other related qualifications, e.g.:
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Postnatal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition.
- Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
- Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
This qualification is assessed by:
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.